Thursday, November 24, 2011

How would you compare Gladiator with Troy?

I love both movies. But I feel Troy is underrated compared with Gladiator because Gladiator won 5 Oscars and Troy only got one Oscar nomination. I mean Troy had the same elements as Gladiator: great acting, great drama, great characters and great fights and battles. And I think actors like Eric Bana don't get enough credit.|||I can never compare both films with each other. I too felt bad when seeing the vote that both Troy and Gladiator got on imdb...Troy got only 7 but Gladiator 8.3. I don't see whether the story is original or not as long as it entertains me. For me both are MASTER PIECE. Though I cannot compare both, I will always put Troy ahead of Gladiator.|||I read the story before I saw the movie, and Troy had very little to do with the original story, there were not even any gods, and there was no magic or spirituality in it. Gladiator was an orginal story and was an overall better movie, Maximus was an "everyman" that you can relate to. Achilles was nether an everyman or a half god.|||Oh I want to watch them again now ahaha. I agree, they did share alot of the same elements, its actually a little odd that two australian actors played vital parts, too. They put Sam Worthington to shame, ugh. How the hell did he become famous..?|||Troy was epic, but Gladiator was epicer

No comments:

Post a Comment